We have been blessed by such an enormous outpouring of support and generosity. Thank you so much to everyone who had donated, housed us, come to see our shows, and shared our information on Facebook and by word-of-mouth. This is just the beginning—RDT has so much more in store to share with you all! It’s going to be an exciting 2013-2014 season!
We’re getting closer to reaching our fundraising goal! We had a successful weekend of rehearsals and want to show you a sneak peak of what we will be presenting next month! Check it out and please donate, any amount (even $25) is SUPER helpful =] Donate here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reject-dance-theatre-summer-tour-martha-s-vineyard-and-los-angeles?c=pledges
Click here for a clip of what we’re working on!:
We Need Your Help!
This summer, RDT will be going on its first cross-country tour! We have been invited to present work at the “Built on Stilts” festival in Martha’s Vineyard, MA and “MixMatch Dance Festival” in Los Angeles, CA. It has been a dream come true to share our choreography across the country this early in our company’s history. In order to fulfill this dream, however, we need to raise money to provide transportation, housing, and rehearsal space for our dancers. Your help will make it possible for us to present work in two different states and further increase the reach of our organization.
Visit our Indiegogo campaign to find out how you can support and to donate! No donation is too small:
What We Need and What You Get
5 dancers x $1,000/dancer = $5,000 Total
- Transportation to and from Martha’s Vineyard from NYC
- Housing in Martha’s Vineyard
- Transportation to and from Los Angeles from NYC
- Housing in Los Angeles
- Company Rental Car in Los Angeles
- Rehearsal space leading up to tour
- $10/day for lunch reimbursement for dancers (because yes, we do eat!)
In exchange for your generous donation, we’re offering a wide variety of rewards!
- Shoutout on our website, Facebook, and Twitter
- Signed production photos from a summer performance
- A digital scrapbook from our summer rehearsals and tour
- Reject Dance Theatre Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Free tickets to a future RDT show
- Private immersive performance at your party or event!
We are very proud of the success that we’ve had thus far and we can’t wait to continue presenting our repertory and creating new work. Our mission is founded on a strong appreciation and reliance on collaboration. Your contribution will help us in a number of ways:
- Allow us to travel and perform across the country
- Network with new collaborators
- Expose us to new and exciting trends in dance.
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand that not everyone is able to contribute financially to the arts. In this economic climate, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the expendable income necessary to fund the projects of friends and family members. This doesn’t mean, however, that you can’t help! Here are some ways that you can contribute:
- Donate your time! Help out at one of our upcoming events!
- Donate your expertise: do you know how to do marketing? Web design? Production work? We’d love your help making a show!
- Spread the word: share info about us on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media site. Indiegogo can help you share!
Don’t forget! RDT will be performing TWICE this weekend:
First up, another performance for the Comedy in Dance Festival at Triskelion Arts in Williamsburg, NY, tomorrow (Saturday 4/27 at 8pm)! Tickets are still available at the door.
Second, RDT will be performing a new site-specific work for the Westfest Dance Festival on Sunday, April 28 in the West Village. Tours start at 1pm and it’s FREE!
We hope to see you out and about!
RDT is performing co-director Stephen Ursprung’s piece Other Side of Someday at the Y Dance Festival Opening Night at 7 PM at the Masters School in Dobbs Ferry, NY! Come watch us dance wildly in 80s prom outfits.
Other guest artists in the Festival include Chris Masters and RDT collaborator Jessie Goldberg. The event is hosted by Evolve Dance, Inc. Check out their facebook event for more information!
See you there!
RDT is super excited to share some more great news!
Stephen Ursprung’s piece Other Side of Someday has been accepted into the Comedy in Dance Festival at Triskelion Arts in Brooklyn, NY and will be performing on April 19th and April 27th!
More details to follow!
RDT is proud to announce that it has been selected to perform at the 2013 Westfest Site Specific Performance on April 28!
More details to come!
We’re doing another immersive art gallery performance on March 2nd! Check out our Facebook event for more information:
See you there!
RDT wants to keep in touch with YOU! Sign up to hear more about auditions, performances, class, and more! We promise not to spam you. Rejects don’t like spam.